SENIOR TRIP #2 EVENT: AFRICA! PERFORMANCE
SENIOR TRIP #2
EVENT: AFRICA! PERFORMANCE
LOCATION: SYMPHONY SPACE THEATER
DATE: WEDNESDAY, 5TH FEBRUARY, 2020
After the show, we will head to Burger King at 1412 Myrtle Avenue for lunch and conversation!
COST: $19.00 (this covers the show and lunch) see Ms. Singh Rm. 429 during Period 3 only
There are only 100 seats available, tickets will be sold on a first come, first serve basis
DEADLINE TO PAY AND SUBMIT PERMISSION SLIPS AND LUNCH ORDERS: WEDNESDAY, 22ND JANUARY, 2020
PTA Sponsors Dress Down Day Friday 1/17
Dress down day, Friday 1/17
Tickets will be sold on Tuesday 1/14
Schuyler Snacks will also be held Tuesday 1/14 during lunch periods for all grades.
PTA Meeting Tues, December 10th @ 6PM
There will be a PTA meeting on Tuesday, December 10th at 6 PM. There will be a guest speaker on financial planning. Honor roll certificates will be distributed as well as Perfect Attendance certificates for grades 7 & 8.
2nd Marking Period ends January 3rd!
Marking period ends January 3rd. We are more than halfway through the 2nd marking period. Check pupil path to monitor your progress. Make achieving honor roll your goal!
Cap for Kids Dress Down Day Fundraiser
Please support the NJHS in our fundraiser for Caps for Kids which helps bring smiles to kids in hospitals. Dress down tickets for Friday, December 20th will be sold for $1 and a selection of caps will be sold for $3 each during lunch periods this week.
2020 International Trip to Canada
7th and 8th grade students interested in applying for this year’s international trip to Canada, your applications are due to Ms. G. If you need an application, please see Ms. G in room 252 Period 8.
December 18th, join us for the Winter Wonderland Dance!
3 PM – 6 PM
December PTA Meeting 12/10/19
Join us for the December PTA meeting on Tuesday, December 10th at 6pm. We will honor our 7th & 8th grade students with Perfect Attendance. There will also be a presentation on Financial Planning. Refreshments will be served. It would great to see you at the meeting!
8th Grade Senior Spirit Week
SPIRIT WEEK #1
2ND – 6TH DECEMBER, 2019
- MONDAY – WackyTacky Day (Students create weird costumes/outfits)
- TUESDAY – Random Acts of Kindness Day(Students will wear any plain T-shirt of their choice with a white name tag that they make and stick/pin to their clothes. At lunch, they will write post-its and place it on a board about random acts of kindness they experienced throughout the day)
- WEDNESDAY – Twin Day (Dress in matching outfits with another student/teacher)
- THURSDAY – Guardians of the Planet Day/ Green Day (create and outfit that has a message about how you can help to conserve the health of and stop the damage to our environment)
- FRIDAY – Ugly Sweater Day (Adorn or embellish a sweater so that it goes from cute to hideous in a fun way!)
** Students not participating in Spirit Week are expected to wear their regular school uniform
International Trip for 7th & 8th Grade students
Students interested in applying for this year’s international trip to Canada, be sure to get and submit your application from/to Ms. G
High School application deadline is December 2, 2019 – Monday
A few very important reminders about the High School applications:
1. High School application deadline is December 2, 2019 – Monday.
2. You can submit an application online, through your myschools account, or you can fill out the hard copy application, given to ALL of our 8th grade students. Please have your 12 choices of schools listed , and have it signed by a Parent/Guardian, and have your child give it in to Ms. Lugo in the main office.
3. Advisors are available to assist after and before school hours, which are usually Monday’s and Tuesday’s after 4pm. Wednesday through Friday’s after 3pm. Before school hours are before 8:20am. – All appointments MUST be made in advance with advisors.
Appointments must be made prior to the visits. If you have not done so already, please reach out to your child’s advisor and schedule an appointment.
Our advisor’s have been sending out appointments with both, our senior’s, as well as scheduling appointments with the Parents/Guardians.
Advisors are as follows:
801, 802, 808 – Ms. Vergara – LVergara@schools.nyc.gov
803, 805, 811 – Mr. Rodriguez – MRodriquez202@schools.nyc.gov
804, 807, – Ms. Hallett – JHallet@schools.nyc.gov
806, 809 – Ms. Armstead- KArmste@schools.nyc.gov
810 – Ms. Enoe – REnoe2@schools.nyc.gov
4. We have held a the following high school events:
High School Application Workshop-
Wednesday, October 16 – 5:00-7:00PM
High School Fair
November 6 – 4:00-7:00PM
High School Articulation Parent Genius Bars
November 13 – 4:00-7:00PM
November 26 – 5:00-8:00PM – Will be held next Tuesday.
Please make sure you fill out your applications as soon as possible. Please do not wait until the last minute.
We are here to assist.
Philippa Schuyler’s High School Articulation team
Wrinkle in Time Performance
7pm on Friday Nov 22 is this year’s Major Drama + Major Tech&Design Production of A Wrinkle in Time in our auditorium! Students in these 2 classes have been hard at work since the first week of school and would love to see you in the audience.The PTA will be selling food as well.
1st Marking Period Report Card Distribution, Friday November 1st
High School Fair, Wednesday November 6th from 4 – 7 P.M.
Location: Philippa Schuyler
November 6th from 4:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M.
Parent Teacher Conferences on Thursday November 7th
Parent Teacher Conferences on Thursday, November 7th
12:40 P.M. – 2:40 P.M. and 4:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M.
Half Day for students on Thursday, November 7th. Dismissal at 11:30 A.M.
Open House, Tuesday November 12th from 5:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M.
Open House for incoming 5th and 6th graders on Tuesday, November 12th from 5:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M.
PTA Meeting and Potluck Dinner, Tuesday November 19th at 6 P.M.
Drama Production of a “Wrinkle in Time”, Friday November 22nd at 7 P.M.
CEC October Monthly Meeting, Thursday October 17th @ 6PM
@ IS 347 . 35 Starr Street Brooklyn, NY
CEC October Reunion Mensual, Jueves 17th de Octubre @ 6PM
@ IS 347 . 35 Starr Street Brooklyn, NY
Specialized High School Exam, Wednesday, October 30th
8th Grade students only. Exam will be administered during school hours at IS 383 for Schuyler students.
End of the 1st Marking Period 10/18
Library Center Morning Hours
Monday – Friday starting February 4 – May 31. Time: 7:30am – 8:15am
Schuyler’s Spring Concert 2019
Two Shows this year; Friday, May 31st 7PM and Saturday, June 1st 5:30PM