NYJTL’s mission is to develop the character of young people through tennis and education for a lifetime of success on and off the court. Through tennis, academic enrichment, healthy living, and character development programs, NYJTL teaches life skills to underserved youth in New York City.
NYJTL kids are “aces: on and off the tennis court. After school Aces Clubs provide safe and welcoming spaces where kids can enjoy healthy and enriching activities after the last bell rings.
Thanks to the generous support of the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development and the NY State Office of Children and Family Services, NYJTL offers Aces Clubs in 33 public schools across the five boroughs.
Aces Clubs nurture the whole child – body, mind, and spirit.
Aces kids get:
- Tennis instruction, match play and tournament play
- Instruction and practice in other sports that engage them in vigorous physical activity
- Wellness and nutrition activities to promote healthy living
- Homework help to keep them on track for school success
- Science and literacy activities to strengthen academic achievement
- Character education to help them develop into capable, engaged and responsible citizens
Aces kids also participate in field trips to museums and other educational venues, Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day at the National Tennis Center, and the Mayor’s Cup Tennis Festival and Tournament.
Aces Clubs meet for three hours a day, five days a week during the school year. A day-long summer program is also available at partner schools.
For program details and application, please contact the site supervisor:
Mr. Charles Jackson
718 574 0390 ext. 2411