This afternoon, Chancellor Carranza announced that the City has now reached the 3% threshold of positivity and as a result, the DOE will temporarily close down all public school buildings for in-person learning beginning, Thursday, November 19th. See attached letter explaining the closure. I will send the link with translated versions of the letter when it becomes available.
Thursday, November 19th remains a HALF DAY of INSTRUCTION for students because of Parent Teacher Conferences in the afternoon and evening. All students will finish their classes at 11:38 at the end of Period 3. Parent Teacher Conferences will continue as scheduled:
Afternoon conferences: 1:15-3:15
Evening conferences: 4:30-7:00
Friday, November 20th is a full day of remote instruction for all students.
Student School Hours remain the same: 8:30-2:00pm.
Below is the schedule the school will follow during this temporary closure:
We will continue to follow the Blended Learning Model of instruction.
- Group A studentswill follow their current program for Tuesday/Wednesday via google classroom. On Thursday/ Friday, students will follow their current program via Blended Remote google classrooms.
- Group B studentswill follow their current program for Tuesday/Wednesday via Blended Remote google classrooms. On Thursday/Friday, students will attend their current program via google classrooms.
- Mondays will follow the alternating schedule:
- 11/23 is Week 2–Group B follow their current program via google classroom on Monday 11/23. Group A students will follow Blended Learning Remote program via google classrooms on Monday 11/23.
Homeroom & Attendance
Students will log in for Homeroom at 8:30am. They will answer both the Google Attendance Link and the Attendance Question posted in homeroom.
Lunch Periods for Group A & Group B students:
- Group A & Group B students will eat lunch during their Physical Education period. For example, if I am a Group B student and I have PE period 4, I will have synchronous PE for the first 20 minutes of the period and for the last 24 minutes, class will be asynchronous and students will eat their lunch.
Parent Coordinator, Mr. David Grady: 347-387-2083
5th Grade Assistant Principal, Ms. James: 718-407-0374
6th Grade Assistant Principal, Ms. Irizarry: 908-376-6260
7th Grade Assistant Principal, Ms. Julian-St. Louis: 929-352-5812
8th Grade Assistant Principal, Hutchinson: 315-496-1883
Principal Wigdorsky: 917-710-8502
Updates about the school will be sent through Pupil Path and the One Call system and our school website: http://philippaschuyler383.org/.
Also, check the NYC DOE website for important updates at: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/
Take good care during this temporary closure. Stay Schuyler Strong and “To Whom Much is Given, Much is Required”
Principal Jeanette (Smith) Wigdorsky